Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:26:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        reader@newsguy.com (Harry Putnam)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA PAO/ network install

> > We just had a *long* thread on the Netgear card.
> Where is the archive? Searching at the FreeBSD home page search engine
> didn't turn up any hits on my card.

It might not have come up yet.  The discussion ended yesterday, and
the archive is update weekly.

> > Some work, many don't.  You probably have the bad one.
> Mine is listed in 4.0 release-notes as supported.  Also listed at PAO
> pages as supported.

Yep.  90% of the cards work.  The errors the faulty cards give are nearly
identical to the errors you get from a bad IRQ.

> I asked in previous post if it was correct when the PCCARD dialog
> comes up during install to say `yes' to the quesiton about installing
> with PCCARD device.
> Is that correct for a network/ftp install?

Yep, that is correct.

You'll want to keep an eye on the -mobile mailing list.  When the
correct fix is merged back into 4-stable, install then off of a
snapshot server.

I'm just as annoyed as you; I've spent close to four months trying to
make my Netgear work in my laptop, so I'd have a portable firewall.

==ml