Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:00:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Jan Mikkelsen <janm@transactionware.com>
Cc:        <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting gcj to run on FreeBSD

well, given my profound unfamiliarity with gjc....here goes nothin ' :-)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Jan Mikkelsen wrote:

> "Jan Mikkelsen" <janm@transactionware.com> wrote:
> > It builds fine, but a hello program either core dumps (with dynamic
> linking)
> > or fails to link with unresolved externals to "java::util::List::class$".

given that gjc is a java to native exe compiler, does it not follow that
you would need a natively compiled libgjc that contains native
implementations of the classes found in CLASSES.jar or does it expect to
resolve dependencies via the java jar files?

> Sorry to follow up my own message.  The unresolved externals happen with
> static linking.

static linking to what? it would seem to me that if there is a libgjc.a
that it would have to be referenced in the link command line.... is it?

> Jan Mikkelsen

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life