Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:06:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
To:        CNNet <cnnet@cnnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Radius

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, CNNet wrote:

> The patch applies fine but when we go to build it we get nothing but errors.
>
> Could someone look into this and tell us why?

Post the errors.

> If we take the binary from the above site and install it on the 3.0 machine
> radius works but accounting doesn't work.

How, precisely, do things not work?

> We have checked the port and they are correct on both machines 1645 and 1646
>
> I noticed that on bsd 3.0 in services that radius was set to ports 1812 and
> 1813 we commented these out and changed them to 1645 and 1646

This is per the RFCs (RFC2138 and RFC2139). The ports chosen by
Livingston/Lucent were chosen in error; they've become the de facto
standards, unfortunately, but real standards exist :)

Cheers,
Mick

The Reverend Jasper P. O'Malley          dotdot:jooji@webnology.com
    Systems Administrator                  ringring:asktheadmiral
	Webnology, LLC               woowoo:http://www.webnology.com/~jooji