Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 00:32:57 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        mcbrune <mcbrune@home.com>
Cc:        John Shelton <jshelton@onr.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

mcbrune(mcbrune@home.com)@2001.07.07 16:47:59 +0000:
> Edit /etc/rc.conf. Add the line
> sendmail_enable=3D"NO"

this should be the default for the release.
/k

>=20
> Corey
>=20
>=20
> [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
> > ahoy.
> > I'd rather not run sendmail just yet. Where do I do what to the thing
> > with the whatsit so that the sendmail daemon doesn't start during normal
> > boot?
> >=20
> > thanks.
> > ~john
> >=20
> >=20
> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message
> >=20
>=20

--=20
> It's not that perl programmers are idiots, it's that the language rewards
> idiotic behavior in a way that no other language or tool has ever done.=
=20
> --Erik Naggum=20
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46
Please do not remove my address from To: and Cc: fields in mailing lists. 1=
0x

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--