Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 1998 18:01:27 -0400
From:      beef@cybertouch.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   popper problem with authentication

	Hello,

	I have installed popper. Problem is, no matter which user
account I try, constantly get bad password. Here is what
/var/log/message says:

Aug 30 17:57:13 beef popper[571]: Unable to open temporary
maildrop '/var/mail/.t00thie.pop': Permission denied (13)
Aug 30 17:57:13 beef popper[571]: t00thie@h24-64-141-
176.mt.wave.shaw.ca: -ERR System error, can't open temporary
file, do you own it?

Can someone please tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,
lanny