Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:14:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        Kern Sibbald <kern@sibbald.com>
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape data loss

Probably. Actually, it was 63k.

But I sorta doubt that this was the issue.

A buddy of mine at Mirapoint did just remind me that physio can silently
break up xfers that are even less than 64k if the buffer isn't page
aligned- I'd forgotten about that. But I'm not sure that this is what is
occurring.

I need to think about this some more, but it may be that the actions
that are being taken after EOM detection may be overwriting data. But
don't take that to the bank at all.

-matt