Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:39:28 +0100
From:      Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz@wanadoo.es>
To:        scott@sremick.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Man pages take forever on slow machine?

Scott I. Remick wrote:
> Ok so I got over my hurdle getting FreeBSD 5.3 installed on this old
> Presario (it ended up being RAM... needed more than 16MB to get through
> install, borrowed some and then could then back off to default 16MB after
> 5.3 was on). I thought I was on a roll until I "accidentally" tried to bring
> up a man page. It has been on "Formatting page, please wait..." ever since.

<snip>

My pentium 100 MHz with 16 MB RAM runs smoothly with FreeBSD 4.10 , it
even runs fvwm under X. I am not able to run 5.3 install, as I only have
16MB, I was suspecting that I need more memory for the install proccess.
When I get another 16MB RAM to test, I will tell you. Will it be
necessary to change the memory requirements in he handbook?

We will see.
Ramiro.