Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:44:39 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   UPS Question

Last night, the inevitable happened...there was a brief power outage where
I work and my FreeBSD (3.4) box went down.  As a preventative measure, I
hooked the machine up to an APC Smart-UPS.  I went to APC's web site but
couldn't find any software that would allow me to do a graceful/unattended
shutdown of the system in the event of another power outage.  All the
downloads they had were for Linux, AIX, HP/UX, Solaris, SCO UNIX, WIN 3.x -
2000, Novell and MacOS.  Would any of these (UNIX) work on my system and if
not, does anybody know of any other software that would?

Thanks

Joe