Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 22:11:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@ccia.cc>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pine && qmail

This might not be the place to send this to, but I really couldn't think
of a better place... My problem is that rarely qmail (1.03) locks when
sending a message through pine (4.10). This seems to happen randomly, no
error messages recorded, it's not a matter of dns lookup failing or
anything like that.. Strangely, I don't have this problem with mutt or the
standard "mail" program.. I've tried with both pine 3.96 and 4.10, and it
happens randomly in both.. but it's the qmail-smtpd program that seems to
just hang and sit there. I'm running FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE. This very well
could be a problem with pine, but I've been using pine both on Linux and
on OpenBSD with no problems for just about the last 2 years.. If it was a
qmail problem, I suppose we would have heard of this before as well, but I
never had problems with qmail on Linux or OpenBSD either... So it makes me
wonder.. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

 --
Mail: matt@mlink.net && matt@ccia.cc
@IRC: irc.idirect.ca && mlink.ca.relic.net