Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:23:10 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_M=F6ller?= <andreas-moeller@gmx.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GCC 3.3.3?

Hello list,

I just wondered why GCC in -CURRENT (and RELENG_5_2 aswell) identifies
itself as GCC 3.3.3. As far as I can tell the most recent release is
3.3.2, while 3.3.3 is still being developed and scheduled for release
around end of january next year.

I think the GCC currently in the tree is a prerelease of what eventually
will become the 3.3.3 release and should be marked accordingly, but
perhaps I just missed something.

This issue (if it is an issue at all) is mainly cosmetic, though.

-Andreas