Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:20:20 -0400
From:      Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net>
To:        freebsd_mail@yahoo.com
Cc:        warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no dice man..

At 16:00 8/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Allen,
>
>Did you try assigning an irq to pcic0 in boot -c or /boot/kernel.conf?
>You never know.  Maybe also assign a higher iomem?

I tried it yesterday, tried 9, 10 and 15.. no dice.  I switched the iomem
up as you suggested and it's still not working.  Same story as before.
pcic0: Cannot get I/O range
pcic0 failed to probe at port 0xfcfc iomem 0xd8000 irq 9 drq 0 on isa0

Same results for 0xd0000 and 0xd8000, and all irqs tried.

Thanks to both of you guys for the suggestions so far.. maybe I'll donate
this laptop to Warner so he has something to test on if we can't figure
this out.

As an aside, I booted the 4.3-RELEASE kernel again and tried messing with
iostat etc to get the irq that the pcic was configured to when working and
came up no joy.. couldn't get it showing in iostat and I'm at a loss to
find just where all irqs in use would be/are dumped to.

-Allen