Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:14:09 -0500
From:      "Richard Seaman, Jr." <dick@tar.com>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, dg@root.com, dyson@iquest.net, aron@cs.rice.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scheduling queues in FreeBSD

On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 05:21:14AM -0400, Peter Dufault wrote:

> I'm pointing this out to explain why I never committed those patches,
> which I thought were OK, as I know some folks want them badly:
>
> 1. I wouldn't have the time to support them properly if there were
> problems;
>
> 2. Bruce didn't like them because they were too invasive, moving
> things around in the kernel source (and they probably had lots of
> style bugs).
>
> If someone with some spare cycles would like to adopt them then on
> Sunday I'll get them to patch against -current again, they can then
> pick them up and run with them.

As you know, I did quite a bit of testing of these patches as they
were under development, and they worked fine, and solved lots of
problems.  I'm not using them at the moment, as they don't seem
to apply cleanly anymore.

If you post updated patches, I'd happily volunteer to test them
again.  Or, if you're short of time, I'd even volunteer to try
to fix them so they apply cleanly.  If a few others would then
try them out, and if there are no problems, maybe someone would
be willing to commit them to -current?

--
Richard Seaman, Jr.           email: dick@tar.com
5182 N. Maple Lane            phone: 414-367-5450