Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 12:04:50 -0700
From:      clint@0lsen.net (Clint Olsen)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Determining OpenGL support for video card

[This message has also been posted.]
So, I managed to build XFree86 4.2.0 out of the ports collection.  Thanks
to all who answered my question about packages versus building the port.

I added the "glx" support to the configu file, however when I tried to run
a demo for an X11 widget set (fltk), it said:

% shiny
Display does not do OpenGL

So, my question is, is it not doing OpenGL because it's not supported on my
hardware or is it a software configuration issue?

Inquiring minds want to know.

FYI, my card is the ATI All-In-Wonder Pro PCI 8M circa '98.

Thanks,

-Clint