Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 08:47:38 -0400
From:      Bob Hall <rjhalljr@starpower.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Changing the domain name

uname tells me that my domain name is 'my.domain'. If I try to set up
DNS to use any other domain name, I get an error message from named
saying that the name is bad, regardless of the hostname setting in
/etc/rc.conf. I think I set this when I was trying to get PPP to
work, with the idea that I could change it later. Unfortunately, I've
made so many changes in so many files while I've been learning how to
install and configure FreeBSD that I can't remember where I set this.
I been going through the documentation for hours and can't find where
to set this. Does anyone know where the domain name is set?

Bob Hall
Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.     -Khushhal Khan Khatak
MySQL list magic words: sql query database