Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2001 06:20:00 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp, glewis@eyesbeyond.com, java@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/java Makefile ports/java/forte Makefile distinfo (fwd)

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:18:06PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Fine! Do you have any estimates as to when it will be available? I really
> think that it should be done RSN, because in its current state JDK is hardly
> an usable one. So far I encountered three serious problems with it:
> 1. Unability to use JIT;
> 2. Undefined references to fork1() in some of the shared files;
> 3. Problem with uppercase letters.
>
> I was also observing some rather weird problems with networking in Jedit,
> but have not performed any investigation to make at least minimal problem
> report.

Probably the connect() problem which is also fixed in the repository.

New patchset will be out this weekend.  I hope to send you some patches
for the port at the same time.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Phone : (801) 765 1887