Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:38:17 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Leo Kliger <leo@astea.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp upgrade hassles

Brian Somers wrote:

> With the latest ppp, you're better off saying ``add 0 0 HISADDR'' or
> ``add default HISADDR''.> ppp.linkup:

[snip]

> > hutchison:
> >       delete ALL
> > #     add default HISADDR
> >       add 0 0 HISADDR
>
> This isn't necessary with the latest ppp if you use HISADDR in
> ppp.conf.

Er Brian, has this changed again?. When I had 2.2.7 I had

 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR

in both ppp.conf and ppp.linkup. When I u/g to 981101 (I think that
was the version, something similar anyway) I started getting warnings
like ``can't create route''. This was fixed by removing the 2 lines
from ppp.conf (IIRC you told me they weren't necessary anymore). Now
you seem to be saying that you don't need them in ppp.linkup if they
are in ppp.conf :-/

> --
> Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
>       <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;
> Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.