Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 1995 22:25:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Reboots under 2.0-SNAP pppd (once again).

I just upgraded my system to the latest snapshot on wcarchive.  It seems
now that some bugs may have crept back into the pppd code.

I'm able to ping, but if I try to telnet out via the ppp port, the
system will reboot itself the majority of the time.  The same happens
when I'm using Mosaic.

I _can_ use all of the TCP/IP related tools over ethernet without
difficulty.

This isn't quite the same as the problem that occurred with 2.0-RELEASE.
Under 2.0R, it used to be pretty sporadic.  Now it's pretty consistant.
It reboots almost immediately after telnet (or other tool) fires up.

Is anybody else seeing this?  What can I do to fix it or work around it?
Unfortunately, I didn't keep the old 2.0 source around.  Can someone
mail me a copy of the 2.0 if_ppp.c so I can see if that's the problem?
(I do _not_ wish to ftp the whole damn srcdist just to get one stinkin'
file!)

P.S.: I suppose that it's possible that I did something wrong when I
upgraded.  I loaded the new srcdist, su root, cd /usr/src, make world.
I then made a new kernel (using my old config file) with the new source
tree and installed it.