Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:58:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is libvgl broken in 4.7-STABLE/4.8RC?

I'm trying to use vgl for the 1st time and seem to be getting nowhere, even
with the demo (in share/examples/libvgl) which just hangs.  Inserting some
debug code tells me that it's not even initializing right in VGLInit with an
ioctl to get the screen mode crapping out.  My system is an IBM X24 (some sort
of mobile Radeon) running 4.7STABLE (currently 4.8RC).  Has anyone seen this
behavior?  Everything on the system including XFree and virtual consoles
(syscons) works beautifully, so the display subsystem seems hunky-dory.  Any
advice?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Katcher