Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:46:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for libpng-0.99e.tar.gz

I'm attempting to install a port for the first time, and it's been
interesting.  I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.6, and need to install ghostscript.
I've been told that gs6 won't work with 2.2.x, so, short of upgrading the
whole system, which I'd be sure to screw up, I figure the best thing is
to install an older gs.

I tried to install ghostscript 5.10, but it wants to fetch a file that it
can't find anywhere: ghostscript-5.10gnu.tar.gz.  Next I installed the
gs6 package, and then was told that it wouldn't work.  It must be true,
because it wants an interpreter to speak to the elves.  I can't even
manage to remove it with pkg_delete.  Next on the list has been an
attempt to install the 5.50 port.  This time it's looking for:

	libpng-0.99e.tar.gz

I can find libpng-0.96.tar.gz and libpng-1.0.2.tar.gz, but not 0.99e.  If
any of you know where to find this, OR ghostscript-5.10gnu.tar.gz, I'd
appreciate a pointer.

For a first experience with the FreeBSD Ports, this has been rather ...
er ... challenging.  I hope they're not all this way.

Thanks for any help.

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD             http://www.dunham.org
jdunham@fc.net               jerry@dunham.org            (512)335-0674 (H)