Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:56:01 -0600
From:      "Justin L. Boss" <jlboss@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux softwares

--------------060004040400000903000309

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/emulators/linux_base-62/pkg-descr

The linux_base port contains a selection of the packages from a minimal
Red Hat Linux installation. These packages, in conjunction with the linux
module, form the basis of the linux compatibility environment.

- Marcel
marcel@FreeBSD.org

maybe I should have said linux compatibility environment.

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 04:36:01PM +0000, Thomas Widlundh wrote:
>
>>Hi all, I'm looking for peoples experiences in this.....  The
>>Handbook is saying that StarOffice for Linux will install
>>flawlessly, but what does that mean?  Does it mean You can install
>>it right off a e.g. CD-disk with the binary, or are we talking about
>>the source here, and compiling/installing with .make, and so on?
>>

>When referring to Linux compatibility it usually means at the binary
>level.
>
>Kris

--------------060004040400000903000309

<head>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/emulators/linux_base-62/pkg-descr">http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/emulators/linux_base-62/pkg-descr</a>;
maybe I should have said linux compatibility environment.
<pre></pre>
Kris Kennaway wrote:<br>