Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:49:03 +0100 (CET)
From:      Georg Klein <gkln@freenet.de>
To:        "service@fixer.com" <webmaster@fixer.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with mount

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, service@fixer.com wrote:

> uname -a |  FreeBSD villa.fixer.com 4.8 RELEASE  FreeBSD  4.8 RELEASE #0:TUE DEC11 20:54:12 GMT 2003  root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/VILLATV i386

> I'm having a problem mounting dos files from the windows drive.  I've tried every kind of mount command (mount_msdos, mount, etc) and every kind of option or options.  I even included /mnt in the command.  Nothing works.  I am not using anything in the fstab file for this mount. 5 years ago, it was working perfectly on my computer.  My only mistake, I did not write it down in my FreeBSD note files.
>
> The file I'm trying to mount is ad0s1 (windows 98).  FreeBSD is mounted on ad0s2.
> I have read all the MOUNT man pages.  Maybe a little too complex for me.  Please tell me the one line command.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce Meehl
> bruce@fixer.com

Hi,

don't know much about your problem and the errors you get. For me,
mounting ntfs, the command 'mount -t ntfs /dev/ad0s1 /mnt' works. So
should in your case the command:

	mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s1 /mnt

do it.

As i can see, you've build your custom kernel. Have a look whether you
have included the line:
options         MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem
in your configuration file.

hth
georg