Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 1999 17:26:38 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@pagesz.net>
To:        JC Pollman <jpollman@imcnet.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv and /dev

JC Pollman:
 |I need some info concerning fxtv and /dev
 |
 |I compiled a new kernel with bt8484 support - and I see it is operational
 |when I boot. I downloaded and compiled your latest fxtv. But when I try
 |to run it, it complains about /dev/bktr0 not existing. How do I fix this?
 |I do not know the major/minor.

No problem.  Here's what you do to create the devices.
The simple route:

           > su
           # cd /dev
           # sh MAKEDEV bktr0

Or alternatively:

           # cd /dev
           # mknod bktr0 c 92 0
           # mknod tuner0 c 92 16

 |Also, as this is a hauppauge card with a radio, do you know the /dev info
 |to get the radio part working as well?
 |
 |I am running FreeBSD 3.0 and a Hauppauge 401 card.

The radio part is managed by the same driver AFAIK, so once you've created
the above entries, you're done in /dev.

I personally don't know much about the radio side.  But here is a URL that
I saved off a while back:

   ftp://login.dknet.dk/pub/fj/radio.tgz  Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>

which I see is linked off the Bt848 home page:

   http://gable.nrl.cs.uoregon.edu/~dwhite/

Randall