Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:10:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Bigwillie <mvanberk@optonline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 1520

> Well this one works.  I had it on a win 98 box and the led worked.  On the
> FBSD box it works up to where you have to hit enter to boot the
> kernel.  After that the led is a dodo.

	Ahh... that's part of the info we're missing... have you tried
changing the IRQ settings upon bootup, both in PNP options in the BIOS,
AND in the visual config tool when installing FreeBSD to match what the
card is set too? Have you turned the IRQ (Usually 11 or 12) on that card
in the BIOS to ISA/Legacy/Yes?

					Rick