Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:39:12 -0700
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        fcash@bigfoot.com, Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, chat@freebsd.org, Freddie Cash <fcash@mail.ocis.net>
Subject:   Re: IMAP server recommendations

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:32:19AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	The Cyrus concept is to run as a "black box" mail server that
> allows *ONLY* IMAP as the mailbox access method, and of course you
> need some sort of method to store messages as well.  By eliminating
> support for all that unnecessary stuff (especially local users, all
> the other mailbox formats, etc...), Cyrus can be very fast, and can
> scale very, very well.

Cyrus supports POP as well.

And it really is not all that horrible to set up.  I managed it in under
an hour, possibly half.  They key is to RTFM.  The problem is that you
don't notice TFM because it is a web site not posted to the web.

Thus, I tossed http://yourmom.toldme.com/cyrus/ from the last install I
did, so Google could help you find TFM. :)

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/