Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 1995 11:39:32 +1000 (EST)
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        kaleb@x.org (Kaleb S. KEITHLEY)
Cc:        ache@astral.msk.su, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A couple problems in FreeBSD 2.1.0-950922-SNAP

>> >What bug would this be? I'm not having any trouble at all running xterm
>> >in ISO8859-1 locales on FreeBSD 2.1.0-950922-SNAP (and I wouldn't have
>> >the first idea what to do in the KOI8-R locale :-)). You aren't by any
>> >chance using XFree86's xterm are you? If so report the problem to them.
>>
>> xterm dumps core on startup when LANG variable set to one of
>> existen locales expect "C". This bug present in SNAP you mention.
>
>As I said, I don't have any problem with xterm, and no, I'm not using
>the "C" locale.
>
>> Yes, I mean XFree86 xterm (I don't think they can be differ,
>> but I am not shure).
>
>I am sure. They are different, that's why I asked.

Yes, they are different.  Can someone give me a precise method of
reproducing this problem?  I routinely have LANG set to en_AU.ISO8859-1
on my 2.0.5 system.  I've also tried with it set to ru_SU.KOI8-R without
a problem.  I'm using the version of xterm in XFree86 3.1.2.  I don't have
ENABLE_STARTUP_LOCALE (or any other LANG stuff) enabled in /etc/sysconfig.

David