Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 14:33:35 -0700
From:      "David Anderson" <DRCAnderson@xtra.co.nz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ethernet Probe Unclear??

Hi
Card is KTX-2000PXA ISA plug and play listed as Realtek TTL8019AS.

FreeBSD ver 3.1

Probe finds
ed0: not found at 0x280
fe0: not found at 0x300
etc..
also
ie0: unknown board_id:f000

My question is how do I know where the problem is,
(ie the PC (486SX), the card or my lack of understanding BSD.)
Can I take it that if the probe doesnt find the card then its a
hardware problem????

I have swapped the card between ISA slots, tried configure
NE 2000 compatible driver before probe, checked Greg
Lehey's book and list archives etc any help appreciated.

-Dave