Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2014 20:36:45 +0300
From:      arrowdodger <6yearold@gmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: sysutils/hal

Hello @gnome.

I'm trying to write a FreeBSD native backend for KDE's Solid framework and
currently trying to understand how HAL obtains all info from the system.
I'm stuck at finding a place where
'org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.method_names' property is set for a
HalDevice corresponding to a USB stick. Current Solid code looks for all
devices with this property set to 'Mount' and treats them as mountable
volumes. I, basically, don't want HAL to do this for me, but to do this
myself.

By grepping through the code i've only found fdi file than handles some
special cases, but nowhere in the code this property is being set.
I wonder if hal's maintainer could help me out with this, so pointing me to
the right people would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.