Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:50:04 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail going commercial, and ?

According to Yarema:
> sendmail. It's unfortunate that SysAdmins continue to suffer sendmail

Some do really like sendmail (I happen to like the power of sendmail.cf),
you know :-)

> mostly due to tradition and, very likely, licensing issues. Although
> zmailer might be very good, exim is available *now* with tcpd and
> anti-spam functionality all built into one program.

Sendmail 8.9, due soon (look at the headers of my message) has full
anti-spam capabilities out-of-the-box (including relaying disabled by
default, new rules to check headers, full regex search and more).

-=-=-=-=-=-
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
FEATURE(access_db)

[...]

LOCAL_CONFIG
Kcheckregex regex -a@MATCH ^[0-9]+$
F{dnn} /etc/mail/domains_no_numerics

LOCAL_RULESETS
HMessage-Id: $>CheckMessageId
HTo: $>CheckTo

SCheckMessageId
R< $+ @ $+ >		$@ OK
R$*			$#error $: 553 Header Error

SCheckTo
R< Friend@public.com >	$#error $: 553 No public allowed
R$*			$@ OK

SLocal_check_mail
# check address against various regex checks
R$*				$: $>Parse0 $>3 $1i	make domain canonical
R$+ < @ $* $={dnn} > $*		$: $(checkregex $1 $)
R@MATCH				$#error $: 553 Header Error

I will try VMailer as soon as it gets finally released anyway. The
description available makes it look like the architecture of qmail with the
power of sendmail. I also have great trust in Venema.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Mar  1 18:50:39 CET 1998