Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 10:46:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   Re: xperfmon doesn't compile on FreeBSD-current (incl. PATCH)

As Andreas Klemm wrote:

> > #ifndef HAS_CTL_VFS
> > #  define HAS_CTL_VFS HAS_CTL_FS
> > #endif
>
> That's surely another way to do it. But then one should add
> a comment, so thats evident for everyone, that this is a
> FreeBSD - or should I better say BSD 4.4 lite or even an
> NFS 3.0 code - related hack ?

It ain't NFSv3 related, otherwise i would have had to add it earlier
in the game.  For the same reason, it ain't 4.4BSD.  (Btw., the entire
file we are talking about is 4.4BSD specific.)

It might be FreeBSD related, but i simply don't know.  I would have
to track the CVS logs to see why it has been changed.

> My intention defining HAS_CTL_VFS at that point, where the
> exact release of FreeBSD already was fiddled out, was to
> show, that this define is only true under -current.

You would have to add a new hunk, and check for yet another -current
osreldate, in order to differentiate between early 2.2-current's (with
NFSv3), and today's -current.

--
cheers, J"org