Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:48:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        dick@tar.com (Richard Seaman, Jr.)
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, julian@whistle.com, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, dg@root.com, dyson@iquest.net, aron@cs.rice.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scheduling queues in FreeBSD

> As you know, I did quite a bit of testing of these patches as they
> were under development, and they worked fine, and solved lots of
> problems.  I'm not using them at the moment, as they don't seem
> to apply cleanly anymore.
>
> If you post updated patches, I'd happily volunteer to test them
> again.  Or, if you're short of time, I'd even volunteer to try
> to fix them so they apply cleanly.  If a few others would then
> try them out, and if there are no problems, maybe someone would
> be willing to commit them to -current?

I'm willing to get them to apply but I'm not going to commit them
unless Bruce will sign off on them.  Someone may want to redo
them using the existing sprinkling of things around the kernel.

If I do a lot of work on this I'll want to do it my way and I'll
be willing to argue for it.  But I'm not going to drop the changes
in and then vanish, which unfortunately is likely to happen now.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval