Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:06:58 +0200
From:      Dave Boyce <dave@abyss.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Winbond W6692CF Support

> I'm tired of ppp with analog modems (bad analog lines here), and
> currently looking for an isdn TA to buy. My prefered shop has an
> unbranded TA for sale (W6692CF based with pci interface).
> Looked in the list archive and found an thread on chipset support that
> took place 4 of 5 months ago.
> Are there any news or should I try another TA.

I'm currently running it, and have done for a few months now.
It's pretty stable, doesn't crash, though there's an annoying
memory leak that I haven't been able (or have time) to track
down. I have to reboot every couple of weeks. Other than that,
it works fine. It's a very nice chipset, and has satisfyingly
large FIFOs, so there's hardly any load on the system.

I will try and package up what I've got, now that I'm
being prodded about it. Hopefully I'll have time to do this
next week.

	- Dave