Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2001 12:27:16 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Blender: missing library, outdated port

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 12:43:35PM -0500, Brandon Fosdick wrote:

> After installing graphics/blender and trying to run it I get
>
>       /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.3" not found
>
> Then I noticed that the port installs 2.04, where 2.11 is out
> now. After installing that I get:
>
>       /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libutil.so.2" not found
>
> I see that the Blender binaries are for 3.4, does this mean that I
> need to build world/kernel with COMPAT_3X="YES"? Can I get away with
> just rebuilding the kernel?

You can just install the compat libraries.  Go to
/usr/src/lib/compat/compat3x.i386 and then do a make install.  You
probably want to add COMPAT3X= "YES" to /etc/make.conf as well.

> The latest version, 2.11, comes with a set of Python files, where do
> they get installed?

Not sure about that but probably /usr/local/lib/pythonX.X, where X.X
is the python version needed.  Take a look at the python ports in
/usr/ports/lang.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net