Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:19:41 -0400
From:      dave@hawk-systems.com (Dave)
To:        "Bas Willems" <next@euronet.nl>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: better free then to become a slave..

>Dear Sirs, Madams,
>

>I am a FreeBSD user of the first hour...
>I like FreeBSD and use it on my servers at home and on my work.
>
>But since Linux became a bigger player i get the feeling that FreeBSD
>developers and its community are becoming more dirtier and unreliable
>every day.

And your arguments towards this observation are...

>The issue's about FreeBSD is better then LInux or Microsoft to bring out its
>C# to FreeBSD etc.etc. make me worry a lot.
>As intrests in FreeBSD tent to grow so is the FreeBSD developers and
>community hunger to power and money.

So you quote two other organizations whos reputation already is established as
such?  Some sound logic there. Choose MS or RH because they are already nickel
and diming everyone...  badmouth FBSD because somewhere in the future someone
might thin about eventually trying to turn a hefty profit from this...

>Is FreeBSD becoming a redmond slave?

...where did this come from...

?

>I would like to annouce to you that i will drop FreeBSD (i alway bought the
>software to support development) and will switch to Linux and OpenBSD.

and your reasons behind choosing those two OS's are...

?