Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:25:19 -0400
From:      bush doctor <dervish@ikhala.tcimet.net>
To:        Whee Kim <philuint@erols.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: Mesa-3.0b6

On Mon, Oct 05, 1998 at 11:53:38AM -0500, Whee Kim wrote:
>     Hi.  I just want to ask you question about Mesa 3.0
>
>     I installed Mesa 3.0 because Blender software requires it.  And it
> also requires the correct path for Mesa 3.0 library.  However, I don't
> know where Mesa 3.0 is installed.  I looked /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib...
> but I don't know what's what!
try /usr/X11R6/lib/

>     Can you please tell me how to find where things are installed?
> Particully, where Mesa 3.0 is installed?  I like to HOW to find out the
> location of stuff I want to look for..
take a look in the makefile.  for instance for Mesa 3.0 you would look in
/usr/ports/graphics/Mesa3/Makefile.
if you're unfamiliar with the makefile syntax read "/usr/share/mk/bsd.README."
for an overview of bsd style makefiles.
also look at "/usr/share/doc/psd/12.make/paper.ascii.gz" using the following
command:
	 gzcat /usr/share/doc/psd/12.make/paper.ascii.gz
to read about bsd make in general.

>     Thanks a lot
no worries ... #;^)
--