Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 12:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Walid Nehme <walidn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   why ftp is not working?

i want to copy files to my freebsd 4.3 box.
i use Far from window.
i ftp ftp://user:password@ipaddress
it shows me waitting for response message and hang there.
in inetd.conf the line that contain ftp is uncommented.
i can ssh to the box freely. and in host.allow there is a
line that is "All:allow" for ftp .
and i'm trying to ftp the box from itself also not working.
ftp ftp://user@ipaddress
also no working?
what shall i do?
mentioning that it worked when i installed the freebsd box,
but not refusing .

=====
Regards.
Walid Nehme