Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 1995 16:45:34 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@jake.lodgenet.com>
To:        Thomas Graichen <graichen@sirius.physik.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_sl module

> can i use the if_sl module instead of compiling the sl device into the kernel
> - if yes how do i load it ? - thanks in advance - t

try

# modload -e if_sl_mod /lkm/if_sl_mod.o

you've either gotta be root or have write access to /dev/lkm and to /lkm

it won't work with a generic kernel because the if_sl is already there.

I don't think that this supports the bpf out of the box, you'll have to
rebuild if_sl_mod.o from /usr/src/lkm/if_sl.

>  _______________________________________________________||_____________________
>                                                   __||
>  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||       thomas graichen
>  longer anything to add, but when there   __||      freie universitaet berlin
>  is no longer anything to take away   __||              fachbereich physik
>                                   __||
>  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||
>  ___________________________||____email: graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de____

eric.