Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:27:15 +0100
From:      Tobias Lange <einbecker@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Microuptime() went backwards

Hi,

First of all I want to thank all the FreeBSD-folks out there for their
"beautiful" operating system - I switched from linux and I must say I never
regret it.

But there's a small problem I run into once in a while:

When my system is working hard (e.g. installing a port, browsing with Mozilla
in multiple windows), sometimes X starts to flicker and the time is going
pretty fast. If i switch to the shell, the text "microuptime() went
backwards", including different numerical arguments, scrolls down the screen.
Nothing helps but a restart. I already searched the ML and Google, but i
haven't found anything helpful yet. You got any ideas?

I already made a "make world" to 4.5 stable, but it did not help either.

Thanks for your help,

Tobias Lange