Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 2003 22:10:45 -0500
From:      "Ernest H. Rice, III" <ehr3@ehr3.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   stty/keyboard weirdness with telnet, rlogin, etc...

Using 4.6.2...

When I telnet/rlogin/whatever from my freeBSD 4.6.2 system to another UNI=
X=20
(like UW711, OSR5, etc.) the backspace key suddenly works like the <DEL> =
key
- namely sending INTR.

stty -a shows that the <DEL> key is for INTR and that the backspace key i=
s=20
still ^H. $TERM=3Dxterm...

Seems so odd... Since the stty settings seem fine, it is almost like the=20
keyboard mapping is getting munged when going to an external box.

on the local FreeBSD machine the backspace key works as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ernie Rice