Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:09:48 +0100
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@interbizz.se>
To:        MillikS@salestech.com
Cc:        kaj@interbizz.se
Subject:   Re: Question about Ports Errors

 MS> [ ... ] the build errors out with an Error 1 due to a "Malformed
 MS> conditional" on a line usually like:

 MS> .if $(({$PORTOBJFORMAT} == "elf" ))

 MS> I've looked at the code and can get by it if I modify the Makefile so
 MS> that the condition is commented out and simply execute the steps related
 MS> to the FALSE condition here (since 2.2.7 isn't elf, of course).
 MS> However, I would think that someone wrote the code like this for a
 MS> reason - to support both 2.2.7 and 3.0 with the same ports tree.  What
 MS> package do I need to install (or remake) in order to support the given
 MS> syntax in the Makefile?

You should the following line in your /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk (I
have them starting at line 393) :

# Get the object format.
PORTOBJFORMAT!= test -x /usr/bin/objformat && /usr/bin/objformat || echo aout
CONFIGURE_ENV+= PORTOBJFORMAT=${PORTOBJFORMAT}
SCRIPTS_ENV+=   PORTOBJFORMAT=${PORTOBJFORMAT}
MAKE_ENV+=              PORTOBJFORMAT=${PORTOBJFORMAT}
PLIST_SUB+=             PORTOBJFORMAT=${PORTOBJFORMAT}

They are there if you cvsup -stable but, unfortunately, not in the 2.2.7
release.

// Rasmus

--
kaj@cityonline.se --------------- Rasmus Kaj - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/