Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2000 16:45:32 -0800
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adobe FrameMaker for Linux

Brett Taylor wrote:

> >       I cvsup'd the latest ports collection, but when I go to build
> > linux_base from the ports it dies with :
> >
> > ===>   linux_base-6.1 depends on executable: rpm - found
> > setup-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
> > /etc/profile conflicts with file from setup-1.9.2-1
> > /etc/protocols conflicts with file from setup-1.9.2-1
> > /etc/services conflicts with file from setup-1.9.2-1
>
> Have you pkg_delete'd the old linux_base?  It seems like the current
> install might be finding old stuff.

	Ok, I've got linux_base-6.1 installed.  You were right, I did a
pkg_delete -f linux_base-5.1 and then the 6.1 build worked.

	I fired up the demo and it starts up, then the button window ( with
"Open", "News", etc ) just sits there.  I can't actually do anything
with it :-(  Whenever I run my mouse over that window I get the little
hourglass mouse cursor.

	This is on a -STABLE box, are you running -STABLE or -CURRENT?

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu