Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:57:56 -0400
From:      APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia@gmail.com>
To:        Monty Pyth <freebsdnewb@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APACHE/PHP/MYSQL Password Hash

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Monty Pyth <freebsdnewb@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have inherited a website to work on that users authenticate to using a =
login and password from a login page. The server is FreeBSD 6.2 running APA=
CHE/PHP/MYSQL. There is a MYSQL table that maintains all of the users. The =
table has a users name and password. The password is hashed and some exampl=
es are:

> 02SvtVJnRLzuQ
> 42jhVP6kxUBX6
>
> Can anyone tell me what file I would look at to see what hash algorithm i=
s being used to store the passwords in the table? Any help would be great.

Looking in the website file that processes the login page.