Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:06:00 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Sameh Ghane <sw@anthologeek.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for testers for PR ports/30821

On 2001.09.30 13:16 Sameh Ghane wrote:
> Le (On) Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 11:22:24AM -0700, John Merryweather
> Cooper ecrivit (wrote):
> > Rexx-IMC doesn't build on -CURRENT at the moment (so says Bento).
> This
> > PR contains a patch, but I'm -CURRENT-less.  Could someone build
> things
> > and let me know?
>
> It builds now. But your patch did not work well for the Make.new date
> change.
> Maybe because you patched a patch ? ;) Or maybe because I copy-pasted
> it from
> Netscape.

Probably the latter . . . :)

Most browsers hose tab/space alignment, etc.

> > In addition to the sample scripts in the examples directory tree
> (which
> > have all been modified to run from a commandline just like any other
> > script), doing:
> >
> > rexx -s 'say sqrt(2)'
> >
> > will verify that the math extensions work.
>
> 1.41421356 looks like a reasonable value ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Sameh

Excellent!  Thanks for taking the time to check things out for me.
Rexx-IMC 1.7 (the previous version) wouldn't even give you an
answer--the math libraries were hosed.

--
jmc

MacroHard -- the perfection of form over
             substance, marketing over
             performance, and greed over
             design . . .