Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 17:03:18 +0000
From:      Adam Wight <adamw@luchar.first.world>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   two more 3.3->4.0 snafus

1) The runtime-info.h target in gnu/lib/libobjc/Makefile calls
`{CC} --print-prog-name=cc1obj` -print-obj-runtime-info, which uses an
absolute path and calls the 3.3 version of cc1obj.  This, of course,
breaks the make.  I don't know the proper fix, but building and installing
cc1obj by hand is a decent workaround.

2) Something (sorry, I'm hurrying and can't provide details right now)
requires libc.so.4 to exist in /usr/lib in order to compile.  Workaround
is to copy it in by hand...  If I have more time and nobody's figured this
one out, I'll take the library back out, recompile, and send a more detailed
report.

-adam wight