Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:25:48 -0400
From:      Identry <jalmberg@identry.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot failure

>> So I guess the question now is, if I can mount it manually, why
>> doesn't it mount during the boot process?
>>
> I'd give it an fsck or two (more than one has been needed once or
> twice)

So I've been thinking about how to run fsck...

At the moment, I have to boot from an install cd, go into fixit mode,
and mount filesystems by hand. I am mounting them to a mount point
like /mnt/root and /mnt/home, etc.

Do I just do a command like:

fsck /mnt/root

Should I use any flags? Should I mount the filesystems read write or read only?

Thanks: John