Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:25:02 -0600
From:      Mark Hummel <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
To:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Back to Rob S. (Where R the Floppy images for 4.0 Stable?)

Rob,

Thanks for the advice.  As soon as do the necessary research to translate it
into "newbie speak" (lanuage I can understand, <deep sigh and a grin>) I'll do
it! From the reading I've been doing, I know that what you're writing is
probably correct -- eventually I need to learn the right way of doing it.

Reinstalling is easier for me, but if I had other users depending on the
stability (and availability) of this system, I wouldn't be reinstalling every
time I get stuck.

Is it true that there are no floppy files (kern and mfsroot) for stable
versions only released versions?  Is the reason that going from release to
stable is best accomplished by the process you've outlined below?

Thanks again Rob.  I appreciate the assistance.

Mark