Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:37:47 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help with PCMCIA code changes.

Hi,
I have spoken with Nate about a code change to the PCMCIA code in
-current.

The current PCMCIA code in -current automatically scans some base
addresses and automatically searches for a free IRQ
to allocate to the PCMCIA controller chip. (see /sysd/pccard/pcic.c)

I want to define my own IRQ in the kernel config.
eg to manually specify IRQ 9, with the card at address 0x380
    controller card0
    device pcic0 at card? port=0x380 irq=9

The code in /sys/pccard/pcic.c would somehow need to query the system
for the irq (and/or base address) which has been defined and to skip
the 'free irq' probe.

But the pcic device is on the 'card0' controller and not the
'isa?' controller.

So, how does the pcic device retrieve this information.

Thanks
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman        | Telepresence Research Group
roger@cs.strath.ac.uk | DMEM, University of Strathclyde