Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:33:04 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        Rickard =?utf-8?Q?Borgm=CE=A3ster?= <doktorn@realworld.nu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /dev/sysmouse or /dev/psm0

In the last episode (Mar 05), Zhihui Zhang said:

> I always use /dev/psm0 when I configure XF86Config. Don't know the
> difference though.

/dev/sysmouse is a shareable virtual mouse controlled by moused, and
always looks like a Mouse Systems mouse, no matter what kind of a mouse
you really have on the system (ps/2, serial, usb, etc).  See the
sysmouse, moused, and mouse manpages for more info.

If you use the console a lot, it's better to leave moused in control.
If you never use the console, you can probably just use /dev/psm0.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com