Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:15:21 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Lists Account <lists@security.za.net>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail Pseudo Terminals

Interesting things Ive found with this, thought someone on the list might
eventually have a similar problem to what I had, so here is the fix:

(Interestingly enough this was _NOT_ nessasary under jail)

In screen's config.h the following exists:

/*
 * If your system has the new format /etc/ttys (like 4.3 BSD) and the
 * getttyent(3) library functions, define GETTTYENT.
 */
#define GETTTYENT 1

if you change that to #define GETTTYENT 0 (I.E you undefine the option) it
works 100% and will give you all your new terminals.

As a matter of interest, if anyone here can explain to me why this fixed
my problem, or perhaps let me know if there is a problem with
getttyent() under jail it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew Alston