Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:34:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      Enno Davids <nconedd@peppermint.national.com.au>
To:        jflowers@ezo.net (Jim Flowers)
Cc:        lord@beachin.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mirror web server?

It sounds to me like rsync is the most appropriate for this. Briefly it
only transmits files that have changed and then often only the differences
themselves rather than the whole file (yes, even for binary files). It also
can use ssh as a transport meaning you have some protection against spoofing
and the like.

rsync is on the samba.org website as its from one of the samba authors.

| On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, John Lord wrote:
|
| > hey , does anyone know what i need to use to mirror our west coast web
| > servers to our east coast webservers, the west coast ones have freebsd on
| > them and the east coast have bsdi. I did some searching for something but
| > when i type in mirror all i  get are mirrors
| >
| > John Lord(jlord@4jon.com)
| > Network Administrator
| > Studio for Publication
| > www.4jon.com