Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:37:14 +0200
From:      Nomad <mailman@crypton.pl>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewalls on FreeBSD( ipfw vs ipf)

I'm using ipfw and I'am very happy with that. You can do almost everything with that. If you want to use traffic shaper from dummynet remember, that only ipfw supports that. I don't know, if divert is supported by ipf to. And divert sockets can be very useful tool.
I tried few times to configure my firewall on ipf, but every time I have returned to ipfw. Maybe because it's the one I know very well...
It's will be nice to me hear something intresting about ipf advantages.

I'm using ipfw. But which one you'll choose it's very your decision.

Regards

 Nomad

--
Nomad